Applications are invited for the post of Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Swiggy, Bangalore.
Swiggy is India’s largest and highest-valued online food ordering and delivery platform founded in 2014. Swiggy is based in Bangalore, India, and as of March 2019, was operating in 100 Indian cities. In early 2019, Swiggy expanded into general product deliveries under the name Swiggy Stores.
About the Role
Software Development Engineer in Test is a technical individual contributor role at Swiggy and in this role, an individual is solely responsible for setting up and implementation of test automation strategy from Functional and Non-functional perspective for one module or multiple modules who you work with.
In this role, you are also responsible to find innovative ways to optimize the test strategy for maximizing ROI from areas that are undertaken for automation.
- SDET is also responsible for the addition of new capabilities and features in the automation framework which is used by the entire QA team for test automation. You are also responsible for managing and maintaining test coverage through periodic reports to engineering and stakeholders.
- SDET is an expert role and demands a complete hands-on contribution on Single or multiple projects simultaneously.
Expectations from Role
- Must be an Independent executioner and has prior experience in handling complex projects with stakeholders.
- Must have prior experience in creating optimal test strategy (Including Functional, Non-Functional, Analytics and automation) and test plans for short term and long-term projects both.
- Must be strong in verbal and written communication.
- Very good design skills.
- Must have understanding and implementation level experience on design patterns.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server.
- Must have a good understanding of DB queries, joins, etc.
- Candidate should have hands-on experience in Java – Test automation.
- Experience in any scripting language like python, Perl shell, TCL/TK is a plus.
- Must have experience in testng, maven, HTTP client, rest and web services test automation, Selenium, Appium.
- Prior hands-on experience or understanding of working with Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, Scala, Flink, vertex, spring boot, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Solr, AWS, Athena is a plus.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the posts through this link.
For more details, click the link below.