Applications are invited for the post of Software Development Engineer-I at Discovery, Bangalore.
Discovery Channel is an American multinational pay television network and flagship channel owned by Discovery, Inc., a publicly-traded company run by CEO David Zaslav.
They are looking for top Engineering talent, whose deep technical expertise and problem-solving skills are matched only by their passion for design and user experience. Their team builds the user experiences for OTT applications on WebM, Android, iOS, FireTV, and tvOS. If you delight in delivering high quality, fast, and efficient mobile, web, and connected device applications to millions of customers, then this is the role for you.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work in collaboration with Delivery Managers, building and testing new features, and bug fixes.
You are a collaborative team member, participates actively in team meetings and encourages fellow Engineers and other team members to be more productive. You are a fast learner and thrive in challenging situations and are keen to contribute individually and along with small teams.
- You write efficient, readable, testable code units to contribute to the overall functionality of the software.
- You understand computer science concepts and are passionate about them. You are abreast with the latest in the technology world and are keen to address challenging engineering problems.
- You are comfortable with scrum agile methodologies, adapting best engineering practices by showing people, not just telling people
- You are a fast learner and comfortable to change and adapt to a fast-changing environment
- You have a positive attitude and have good communication and collaborative skills
- Proficient in Java 8, including use of object-oriented programming and design.
- You are familiar in Reactive programming, asynchronous, non-blocking backend engineering languages and concepts.
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For more details, click the link below.