Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Social Media Manager at National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), Delhi.
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA, is a premier Institute of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India.
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is looking out for a motivated, enthusiastic, organized and attentive candidate for the position of Social Media Manager with its Team. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in the development sector. An additional experience in the urban development sector would be an add on.
The candidate will be involved in the development of multimedia products that are attractive, consistent, well written, and propel interest and action. The opportunity will build his or her communications and research skills through hands-on experience with many different areas of the urban sector and its stakeholders.
This role is to create engaging multimedia products across multiple platforms to raise awareness about NIUA’s projects and support product releases. The ideal candidate must be a media and digital enthusiast, with exceptional writing skills and excellent graphic designing skills, a strong interest and overall expertise in research based social media management.
Job Key Details
- Generate graphic design for social media platforms as necessary.
- Manage the creation and publishing of relevant, original as well as high-quality content.
- Prepare marketing posts for the institute and its various projects.
- Designing and creating updates for social media platforms
- Oversee all social advertising campaigns.
- Manage all content and increase in followers across all the social media platforms.
- Increase brand awareness as well as online reputation of NIUA.
- Handle institute’s social media platforms with prudence and diligence.
- Create Social media campaigns for outreach for various initiatives and launch events.
- Create synergies with partner organisations to maximise outreach.
The position is on a contractual basis
- Applicants must have a degree in Mass Communications/Design/English/Social Sciences.
- Applicants must demonstrate at least 2 years of experience in managing social media content for the development sector.
- Applicants must demonstrate at least 3 years of experience in managing social media.
- Previous experience in Marketing and brand development is desirable.
- Previous experience in urban development related projects is desirable.
- Should have experience in using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understands design principles, color theory, layout, UI & UX development.
- Must be skilled in using web-based applications as well as platforms.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms as well as trends.
- Good communication skills and should be able to work in cross functional teams.
- Should be able to incorporate feedback from multiple sources into visual design.
- Must be creative and has out-of-the-box ideas.
Name and contact information of three references
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience, skills and fitment with NIUA remuneration structures. Proof of past experience and last drawn remuneration would be required.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Applicants should submit: a cover letter explaining your interest in communications and outreach for development sector and social media in general and in this position specifically; a resume outlining your experience; and a list (with links as able) of your personal social-media channels, and work to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
August 8, 2021