Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Senior Tax Consultant at Ernst & Young (EY), Mumbai.
Ernst & Young Global Limited (Ernst & Young or simply EY), is a British multinational professional services network with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. EY is one of the largest professional services networks in the world. EY provides consulting, assurance, tax, and transaction services. It was founded in the year 1989.
About the Post
As an indirect tax service professional at Ernst & Young, the incumbent will help leading organizations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle. EY will give you access to the methodologies and tools required and help you to develop the skills you need to be a successful advisor.
You will also gain valuable wide-ranging experience across industries and geographies and the support you need to grow and become a leader in the tax profession.
The incumbent will handle engagements related to GST, Indirect Tax Laws, Appeals, Tax Restructuring, Tax Advisory and Consulting. The profile will also involve dealing with Indirect Tax Compliance.
- Implementation support to clients on GST projects – Team along to support clients in implementing GST, undertake GST impact analysis, manage compliances under GST and identify transition issues.
- Understanding of client issues-Ability to discuss basic technical issues, ask appropriate questions, and gather relevant information from the client. Develops rapport with the lower levels of client management; responds in a timely manner displays a commitment to outstanding client service.
- Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements
- Awareness of services that the practice provides-Builds internal networks to develop an understanding of service line offerings and bring potential opportunities to the attention of the team.
- Networking & Identification of opportunities-Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain an understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
- Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on various work-related issues.
- Coordinates with the Manager/Senior Executive the planning and management of assignments.
- Provides timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
Qualification and Experience Required
- A certified CA (pref.) /LLB/any other Diploma with post qualification and/or articleship experience in indirect tax.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities and verbal/written communication skills
- 2 to 4 yrs experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Passion to work in the indirect tax field
- Good command over MS Excel –can use formulas and comfortable with computations
- Analytical ability
- Good understanding of indirect tax laws including GST
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels)
- Commitment to ongoing self-development
- Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For full details, click the link below.