The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is a premier, national level Institute for Post Graduate, Fellowship and Mid-career/in-service education, research and consulting in rural management. Founded in 1979, IRMA’s mission is to promote all-round sustainable rural development through professional management.
The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is looking for an experienced, field-oriented, senior researcher for its project on “Living Farm Incomes: Inequality, Sustainability and Civic Action in India” (supported by the Ford Foundation).
Qualification and Experience
- The Academic qualifications include a PhD or Fellow (in rural development, development studies or any social science or management discipline) with work relating to agriculture and/or civic action; published work in books, working papers, journals, or commissioned reports. Work experience outside university settings especially with civil society organisations would be valued.
- Practitioners with a Master’s degree and substantial field-based work experience in the agricultural sector and/or civic action are also welcome to apply. We are looking for people with sensitivity to ground level issues of farmers, ability to work in non-hierarchical teams, high sense of ownership, willingness to travel and working independently under tight deadlines.
Remuneration and Tenure
The appointment will be made based on experience and qualification (Indicative range of consolidated compensation of Rs.45,000/- to Rs.65,000/- per month) for two years with six-month probation and regular performance appraisal.
The responsibilities of Senior Research Fellow will be as follows:
- Pursuing research themes relating to living farm incomes, agroecological innovations, agricultural markets, institutions, price support mechanisms, agricultural credit and policies through secondary and primary research including stakeholder interviews.
- Leading/ Coordinating/ assisting (curating, planning and executing) independent surveys, studies and action research projects on agricultural policy and civic action.
- Planning and coordinating a few desk reviews on agricultural scenarios on public investment in agriculture, comparison of states on policies and institutions etc.
- Documenting stakeholder meetings and results of the research through policy briefs, working papers and status reports. Disseminating outputs of project through multiple platforms.
- Project management of the project with the project coordinator and team. Coordinating IRMA’s interface with external consultants, advisors of the project.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
May 30, 2020
For further details, click here.