About the Indian School of Public Policy (ISPP)
The Indian School of Public Policy is India’s premier institute for public policy education, focused on the design and management of institutions, and the rules that govern society. Located in Delhi, It has been set-up by an eminent council of senior academicians, policy experts, administrators and philanthropists.
Overview of the Role
The Indian School of Public Policy is looking to hire a committed, persuasive and creative lead for our Admissions and Outreach function. This is a full-time position and will require the candidate to work from our office in New Delhi.
As a young institution providing world-class education in the field of Public Policy, we are looking for a candidate who can both assist the marketing efforts towards enabling maximum and appropriate candidates/ number of registrations, as well as execute a stringent admissions process that will ensure that we admit only the most qualified and promising applicants.
As such, the ideal candidate would be a self-driven energetic individual who is extremely comfortable communicating over phone/video calls, has excellent verbal / written communications skills and is extremely diligent with processes.
The selected candidate will be the sole person handling the admissions process end to end and will work closely with the other functions to execute different processes/activities. While we require a candidate with substantial experience managing the admissions process, we would prioritise talent and aptitude over experience.
- Develop an overarching admissions strategy based on course objectives, placement requirements and the feedback provided by relevant stakeholders.
- Directly manage the admissions process from point of inquiry to successful admission at ISPP. This will require being the primary point of contact for all applicants.
- Improve/update the admissions process based on feedback and new requirements.
- Manage and lead (digital and non-digital) outreach activities towards maximising applications from quality candidates.
- Assist the digital marketing team in admissions oriented promotions with relevant post/email content and other inputs.
- Empanelment of panelists for the admission interviews. This includes coordinating with the panellists to fix interview dates, finalising their contracts, hosting orientation sessions on ISPP admission process etc.
- Manage the financial aid assessment process and oversee the disbursement of financial aid to qualified applicants.
- Tracking the fee payment of accepted scholars, and assisting them with the process.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in managing the admissions / intake process at reputed academic institutions / competitive fellowship programs.
- Demonstrable track record of enabling an increase in the quality and quantity of applications at previous workplaces.
Desired Qualities and Competencies
- Comfortable working in a non-hierarchical start-up environment
- Polite and persuasive conversational skills
- Familiarity with Zoom or other communication platforms.
- Able to maintain calm and professional composure under pressure
- Comfortable communicating over phone for extended periods of time
- Comfortable with a flexible schedule, working during weekends during peak admissions season
- Is proficient in both designing comprehensive processes and stringently implementing them
- Understands digital media platforms, and has experience executing online marketing activities
- Has a good degree of proficiency using spreadsheets (Excel / Google Sheets), is able to analyse data and create reports from spreadsheets
Process of Selection
After shortlisting, there will be 3 rounds including 2 in-person interviews (fit, competency and HR) and one technical round (communication and basic excel skills).
The salary bracket for this role ranges between Rs 12 to 16 Lakhs, based on work experience. There are no additional allowances, bonuses etc.
How to Apply?
You can submit your application on this link.
You will need to submit:
- Your updated CV
- A 150-200 word SOP on why you are best suited for this role
- A one-page pdf document on ‘Highlight 5 current features of ISPP that you think has helped us in attracting quality applicants and suggest how we can better leverage/improve each of them’
For more details, click the link below.