Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Scientist Under DBT Funded Project at IIT Roorkee.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (abbreviated IIT Roorkee or IITR) is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India, headed by Director Ajit Kumar Chaturvedi. It was formerly known as University of Roorkee (1949–2001) and Thomason College of Civil Engineering (1847–1949).
About the Post
- Name of the Post: Scientist.
- Title of the Project: Translation and Structural Bioinformatics.
- Sponsor of the project: DBT (DBT-1677-BIO).
- Essential Qualifications:
- The prospective candidate should hold a Ph.D. in any of the fields of Computational Biophysics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Machine learning/artificial intelligence.
- Preference would be given to candidates with good programming experience in Python/C++.
- Motivation to gain an in-depth understanding of biological system/phenomena is required.
- The candidate must have at least two first author publications (Q1/Q2) in the relevant fields as mentioned.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of award of Ph.D at the time of interview.
- Desirable Qualifications:
- The prospective candidate is expected to have a strong background in Computational Biophysics/ Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence.
- Candidate should be passionate about working on cutting edge research leading to high impact products and services.
- Other research activities may include participating in research discussion with collaborators from national and overseas universities and research centers.
56000+ HRA as per govt. rule.
Five Years or till the project end.
How to Apply?
- Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the office of Principal Investigator through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or physically at the department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Roorkee, or by post or produce at the time of Interview:
- Application in a plain paper with detailed CV including chronological discipline of degree/ certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field and others.
- Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
- Candidate shall bring along with them the original degree(s)/certificate(s) and experience certificate(s) at the time of interview for verification.
- No TA/DA is admissible for attending the interview.
- The interview will be held through webex online.