The Department of Biotechnology invites applications for the post of Scientist ‘C’, Group ‘A’ Gazetted Post (Non-Ministerial and Scientific) to be filled on direct recruitment basis.
No. of Posts: 27(UR-15; OBC-7; SC-04; ST-01).
Pay Level: 11 (Rs.67700-208700/-) (erstwhile Pay Band -3, Grade Pay-6600/-).
Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Bhubaneshwar and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of India. The date for determining the age limit shall be 01.03.2019.
- Age Limit: A candidate should not have exceeded the age of 40 years as on 01.03.2019 i.e. he/she must have not been born not earlier than 01.03.1979.
- Educational Qualification: Master of Science in Life Sciences or Bachelor of Veterinary Science or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in the field of Biotechnology from a recognized University.
- Desirable Qualification: Doctor of Philosophy in Life Sciences or MD or Master of Veterinary Science or Master of Technology in the field of Biotechnology from a recognized University.
- Experience: (after acquiring essential qualifications, except for departmental candidates) FIVE years.
All candidates (except female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability) are required to pay a (non-refundable) fees of Rs.1500/-(One thousand fifteen hundred only). They should mention the voucher details/transaction details while filling their online applications.
Plan of Examination:
The selection process for the selection to the post of ‘Scientist-C’ in the Department of Biotechnology will be a two stage process consisting of a written test and interview test.
- Written Examination: shall consist of two papers namely PAPER-I and PAPER-II. Paper will be bilingual in English and Hindi only.
- Interview: maximum marks 100 (Qualifying criteria: 20%).
- Grand Total: maximum marks: 500
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019.