ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the position of Scientific Officer for Odisha Livelihood Mission [OLM] Project, Odisha. The position is based at Gajapati district in Odisha state, India. The position report to the Principal Investigator of the Project.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary team of project partners at district level to conduct participatory field trials/demos with farmers in allocated district of Odisha
- Collect high quality data sets required for scientific research publication
- Train the farmers’/farm facilitators and provide technical support, maintaining improved interventions at benchmark locations
- Record scientific data, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields and other benefits in the demonstration plots
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities as entrusted by supervisor
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture with specialization in agronomy, soil science, agriculture extension or any other related agricultural
- Any relevant experience will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in English and Oriya (written and spoken)
- Person with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
This is a Consolidated position for two years [24 months] renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Jan 4, 2021
For more details, click the link below.