Department of Sociology, South Asian University in collaboration with Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (Germany) invites application for the following posts:
Short-Term Researchers (03): Position will be based in North East India, Sri Lanka, and Bihar.
- Must have a Masters’ degree in social sciences.
- Research experience of at least four-five years. However, promising candidates with lesser experience may also be eligible.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skill.
- Must be proficient in English and local languages.
Nature of Work:
- The researcher must be familiar with the broader conceptual contour of the research outlined below.
- The task of the researcher will be to engage in ethnographic as well as quantitative research among different social groups in designated region.
- A detailed book of guidelines (including finances permitted under the project) must be followed by the short term researchers.
- They would have to follow the suggested methodologies and submit the ethnographic account and other materials collected during the field work within ten days of completion of field work.
- The researcher will have to produce a paper of approximately 10,000 words at the end of the research and will have to submitted a detailed narrative report every two months.
- S/he must be ready to interact with the respondents irrespective of their social/economic/religious background.
- It would require the incumbent to travel to different parts of the region.
Duration of Work: The researcher will be appointed for the ten (10) months.
The researcher will be tentatively paid a total of Rs.450,000/- to be paid in installments every two months dependent on the submission of required documents/write up.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply with the following documents to Ms. Ragini Pant, Senior Researcher, Department of Sociology, South Asian University or to email@example.com:
- Detailed CV.
- A one page description of how they would design their fieldwork (picking up a tentative woman academic/activist/movement) and present a work plan.
- One page Statement of interest on why do you want to take up this assignment.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.
About the Author