National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources (NBFGR) is a dedicated research centre in fishery science under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) of Government of India. It is located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. This institute was established in 1983.
A walk-in-interview is scheduled on 13th November 2019 from 10:00 hrs. onwards at ICAR-National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources, Lucknow for selection of Senior Research Fellow, Technical Assistant and Young Professional-I under the different project on a contractual basis.
1. Senior Research Fellow
- Project Name: NFDB project “Indian Major Carp Milt Cryobank for Improving Genetic Exchange Between Farms and Commercial Level Quality Seed Production”
- No. of Posts: 02
- Essential Qualification: Master’s degree in Fisheries Science (4 years of bachelor degree and 2 years of Master degree). OR Master’s degree in Zoology/Life sciences with Specialization in Fish & Fisheries Science and having UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET qualification
- Desirable Qualification: Research work experience in cryopreservation/aquaculture/fish breeding techniques.
- Age Limit: 35 years for male and 40 years for female (age relaxation will be applicable as per govt. rules)
- Monthly Emolument: Rs.25,000+ 20% HRA per month
2. Technical Assistant
- Project Name: DBT funded project entitled “Population Genomics and Mapping Signature of Natural Selection in Asian Seabass in India”
- No. of Post: 01
- Essential Qualification: Post Graduation in Fishery Science/Marine Sciences/Zoology with specialization in fisheries with 1st division or 60% marks or equivalent OGPA/CGPA
- Desirable Qualification: The candidate should have a working knowledge of molecular biology techniques. Since this project requires exploratory surveys, the recruited person should be prepared for exploration (sometimes remote locations).
- Age Limit: Maximum 35 years as on the date of interview (Relaxation as per govt. rule)
- Monthly Emolument: Rs. 25,000/- Per month fixed
3. Young Professional-I
- Project Name: Under “Short Term Technical Manpower Hired in ICAR Institute”
- No. of Post: 01
- Essential Qualification: Graduation in Radiography/Medical Radiological Technology from a recognised University/Institute or Post Graduate Diploma in Radiography and Imaging Technology.
- Desirable Qualification: At least one year of working experience from a diagnostic laboratory in government/private hospitals/diagnostic labs. Should have operated digital X-ray machines 100mA, X-Ray machine, CR System and Dry Laser Image printer.
- Age Limit: 21-45 years (age relation will be applicable as per govt. rules)
- Monthly Emolument: Rs. 15,000/- Per month fixed
Duration of Posts
Above positions are purely temporary and may be terminated by the Director, ICAR-NBFGR, Lucknow without assigning any reasons at any stage. The same can be extended on a half-yearly basis on candidate’s every 06-monthly performance assessment and fund availability.
Eligible and desirous candidates fulfilling all the requirements may appear for the interview with duly filled in application form (available here) giving full details of academic records and experience(s).
Phone: (0522) 2441735, 2440145, 2442440, 2442441