IIFT is a premier institution of education, training and research in the area of International Business set up by the Department of Commerce, Government of India. The Centre for Research on International Trade (CRIT) which is a part of IIFT has three Centres under it with the Centre for WTO Studies being one of them. The Centre for WTO Studies was established at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade in November 2002. The centre is a professional body which conducts independent research and training programmes on the WTO and related matters.
The Centre for WTO Studies intends to engage Economics and Legal researchers either at the level of Research Associate (Economics/Legal) or Research Fellow (Economics/Legal) or Senior Research Fellow (Economics/Legal) to work on issues related to WTO and international trade.
- Research Associate/Research Fellow/Sr. Research Fellow (Economics): MA(Eco)/MA(International trade)/M.Phil(Economics)/Ph.D(Economics)
- Research Associate/Research Fellow/Sr. Research Fellow (Legal): LLB/ LLM/PhD (Law) with sound knowledge of Trade law
The candidates should have sound knowledge of computer application and packages [M.S. Word, M.S. Outlook, Excel, Power Point]. The candidate should have good command over English (spoken as well as written) and should have experience of research activities.
The candidates having experience in research on different aspects of international trade including Agriculture, IPR, Services, Trade Remedies and WTO Disputes in any reputed organization shall be preferred.
The appointment will be purely on contractual basis for a period of one year with a possibility of further extension based on the performance.
- Research Associate (Eco)/Research Associate (Legal): Rs.30,000/- per month
- Research Fellow (Eco)/Research Fellow (Legal): Rs.36,000/- per month
- Senior Research Fellow (Eco)/Senior Research Fellow (Legal) having at least three years of research experience: Rs.48,000/- per month
- Senior Research Fellow (Eco)/Senior Research Fellow (Legal) having PhD Degree in Economics or Law: Rs.54,000/- per month
How to Apply?
- Indian nationals having the above qualifications and experience should only apply and send their c.v. by email to recruitment.cws[at]iift.edu latest by 25th September 2019.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be called for written test, computer skill test and interview before the Selection Committee at the Centre for W.T.O. Studies (8th Floor), NAFED House, Siddhartha Enclave, Ashram Chowk, Ring Road, New Delhi – 110014.