Come and join our research program to work on an exciting new EPSRC funded project in the area of next generation fibre components. The project involves the integration of highly functional two-dimensional (2D) materials directly within an established optical fibre platform, from which it will be possible to develop an array of robust, efficient, and low-cost optical and optoelectronic devices.
The Optoelectronic Research Centre (ORC) has led the world in optical fibre technology research for the past 50 years. With over 90 state-of-the-art laboratories and 200 researchers working in all areas of photonics, the ORC provides an outstanding interdisciplinary environment. You will be fully integrated within our renowned research programme, and will work independently as well as with other members of the team and our external collaborators.
Who can Apply
To be successful with your application, you will need to demonstrate:
- An awarded PhD in Physics/Engineering specialising in photonic devices or equivalent professional qualifications and experience
- Excellent experimental research skills in areas related to optical fibre component testing, nonlinear optics, novel photonic materials
- A strong publication track record in high-quality international journals
- A willingness and ability to help with the supervision of PhD students
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and a proven ability to work well within teams
How to Apply
To apply online, click here.
£30,942 to £38,017 (Rs. 2,863,164 to Rs. 3,517,837 approx.) for Full Time Fixed Term (2 Years)
March 4, 2020
Charlene Tyson (Recruitment Team)
Phone: +44 (0) 23 8059 6803