Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) is an institute of higher learning in Kolkata, India. Established in 1876 by Mahendra Lal Sarkar, a private medical practitioner, it focuses on fundamental research in basic sciences.
1. Research Associate-I
- No. of Posts: 01
- Essential Qualifications: Candidates must have (a) a PhD degree (final/provisional/letter of the viva-voce exam) in chemistry in the subarea of computational chemistry and (b) first class in B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree with minimum average marks of 60%.
- Experience: Experience in theoretical study of reaction mechanisms related to industry and biology.
- Duration: 1 year
- Age limit: 34 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per Govt. rule
- Emoluments: As per rules of the Association.
- Nature of Post: The post is purely temporary and it would, therefore, not confer any right/claim implicit or explicit for any attending the interview.
- Date and time of interview: 13th November 2019 at 3:00 PM
- Venue: Room No. C-323 (Centenary Building)
Last date of submission of application: 5th November 2019
Candidates may send their applications containing complete bio-data (including email and phone number) to E-mail: spakd[at]iacs.res.in (Prof. Abhijit K. Das). Candidates must appear in the interview along with with their bio-data and PhD degree certificate (final/provisional/letter of the viva-voce exam).
For more details, click here.
2. Research Associate-I
- No. of Posts: 02
- Research Area: Alternative Gravity Theories and Quantum Fields in Curved Spacetime
- Essential Qualifications: A candidate should have a first or high second class M.Sc. degree in Physics with a minimum average of 55% marks in B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. examination along with the good overall academic record and has obtained PhD or has submitted the thesis, with research experience supported by publications in peer-reviewed journals in the field of Alternative Gravity Theories and Quantum Fields in Curved Spacetime. Preference will be given to candidates having experience in numerical analysis.
- A selected candidate holding a PhD degree at the time of joining will receive the fellowship of the RA-I position from the date of joining (Rs. 47,000/- + HRA as per the rules of the Association).
- A selected candidate who is yet to receive PhD degree but have submitted his/her thesis (subject to documentary proof of the thesis submission) will draw an appropriate fellowship amount + HRA, as per the rules of the Association and will be eligible to receive the full RA-I fellowship from the award date of the doctoral degree, supported by documentary proof.
- Tenure of Fellowship: 2 years from the date of joining as RA-I, subject to an evaluation after one year as per the rules of the Institute.
- Nature of Post: The position is purely temporary, and the candidate will not have any right to claim (explicit or implicit) to any permanent post in the Institute.
The candidates may apply only via email to tpsc[at]iacs.res.in with complete Curriculum Vitae (which should include e-mail address, date of birth, contact number, permanent residential address and list of publications) as well as a research statement, which includes future research plans. Two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to tpsc[at]iacs.res.in. The selected candidates will be intimated about the interview date and venue by email. Self-attested scanned copies of all the certificates/credentials must be submitted and the original certificates/credentials must be presented for verification while appearing for the interview
Last date of submission of application: 30th November 2019