The National Institute of Technology Durgapur (abbreviated NIT Durgapur or NIT DGP) is a public engineering institution located in Durgapur, West Bengal, India. Formerly known as the Regional Engineering College, Durgapur (REC Durgapur), it is among the first 8 Regional Engineering Colleges established in India and was founded in 1960 by the then Chief Minister of West Bengal, Bidhan Chandra Roy. Today it is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India and has been recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
Applications are invited from the meritorious and interested candidates for the position of one Research Associate / Research Assistant in Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) funded following IMPRESS (Impactful Policy Research in Social Science) Project.
“Understanding the old age financial stress and retirement planning of workers in the unorganised sector in India”
- Research Associate: Postgraduate in Economics/Commerce/Statistics/Management with minimum 55% marks and NET/SLET/M.Phil/PhD
- Research Assistant: Postgraduate in Economics/Commerce/ Statistics/Management with minimum 55% marks without NET/SLET/M.Phil/PhD
Conduct literature reviews, collection of primary data from all over West Bengal, data Compilation, data analysis using statistical packages, report writing and provide necessary assistance to Project Director for the smooth conduct of the project. TA and DA will be provided for the collection of primary data.
- Research Associate: Rs. 25,000/- pm.
- Research Assistant: Rs. 20000/- pm.
Tenure of Assignment
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may apply for the position by sending their detailed Curriculum Vitae through email (with the subject line “Research Associate/ Research Assistant”) to the Project Director, Dr Amlan Ghosh, Associate Professor, Department of Management, NIT Durgapur in the following email address (amlan.ghosh[at]dms.nitdgp.ac.in) within 30th September 2019.
- Candidates will be short-listed initially based on qualification, career marks and research work experience (if any), and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- No TA or DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Project Director: Dr Amlan Ghosh