Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Research Associate at Brij Disa Centre (CDSA), IIM Ahmedabad.
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
About the Job
- The research associate is expected to support cutting-edge research on topics/themes that are aligned with the centre’s vision, for instance, operations research and optimization, statistics, machine learning, graph theory and networks, with applications in the areas of finance, operations, marketing, economics, etc.
- Research associate is expected to help with certain administrative responsibilities at the centre.
- The candidate is expected to provide support to centre faculty and post-doctoral fellows in conducting research in the area of Data Science and AI.
- Provide academic and administrative support (including holding of tutorial sessions, if required) during workshops and conferences.
- Developing analytical tools and techniques that can be applied on a variety of business applications.
- The output is expected in terms of research publications.
- Problem-solving aptitude – identifies/defines problems, seeks root causes, develops and implements various solution strategies.
- Help the faculty develop new course materials, assignments and case studies that may be required for the programme.
- Understanding of Business Analytics, Data Science, Visualization, Big Data etc.
- Basic knowledge of useful programming and spreadsheet tools such as R, Python, SPSS, etc.
- An analytical mind-set who enjoy helping participants solving problems and turning data into useful actionable information.
- A first class Masters degree in Statistics/ Operations Research/ Economics (with specialisation in Econometrics)/ Computer Science / Mathematics or a closely related subject preceded by a first class Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject. The Masters requirement can be waived-off for exceptional candidates.
- The position is initially for a 6-month period, followed by annual renewal of contract based on performance and project requirements.
- Around INR 30,000/- to 40,000/- per month. The compensation can be increased for exceptional candidates.
How to Apply?
- Candidates meeting the above criteria may send their applications to email@example.com containing the following materials: 1) a cover letter expressing interest in the position, 2) a detailed CV, 3) one reference. If required, the centre may reach out directly to your reference(s) requesting for reference letters.
- The subject line of the application email should read “Application for the position of RA at CDSA”.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a telephone, or Zoom/Skype, or in-person interview.
Click here for the official notification for the post of Research Associate at Brij Disa Centre (CDSA), IIM Ahmedabad.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: