Suitable candidates are invited to apply for the post of Research Assistant to work on the following project sponsored by BITS Research Initiation Grant, under the supervision of Dr. Aswathy Raveendran, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad campus.
No. of Posts
Title of the Project
A study of contemporary epistemological and ethicopolitical challenges confronting genomics research in India
- M.A./ M.Phil. in Social Sciences (Political science/Sociology/Anthropology/DevelopmentStudies/Economics/Gender Studies /Environment Studies/ Educational Studies) with a demonstrated interest and understanding of contemporary debates around the field of genomics OR M.Sc. Life Sciences or Biological Sciences (Biotechnology/Microbiology/Human Genetics/Genomics/Neuroscience) with a demonstrated interest and understanding of contemporary debates around the field of genomics
- Strong command over MS Word/Excel is required.
- The candidate must have good analytical skills, familiarity with social science terminology and good writing skills in English.
Rs. 15,000 per month (Consolidated)
Time bound for a period of 6 months (June- November, 2020) You will be expected to join on the 1 st of June, 2020.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates with aforementioned qualifications may send their complete bio data along with a duly filled application (format given below) by email to the Project Director’s email ID, aswathy[at]hyderabad.bits-pilani.ac.in with the subject line “Applying for the position of RA”.
- The deadline for sending the application and bio data: 22nd May, 2020 and shortlisted candidates will be intimated via email soon after.
- The selection interview will be held on 25th May, 2020 through google meet.
May 22, 2020
Dr. Aswathy Raveendran,
K 106, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus,
For further information, click here.