Amazon, Chennai is looking for Quality Assurance Engineer. Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. There QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools.
QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs would be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, coming up with the test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, contributing to code level Unit tests, test execution and reporting.
There Quality Assurance Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. They also work with groups such as Product Management, UX designers to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
They develop automated tests to help fasten testing cycles and release faster to there customers. In this role, you will be responsible to deliver manual/automated solutions to test customer-facing features and tier-1/tier-2 services.
- 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 1+ year of QA experience
- Background in automation using Java or applicable languages.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to write test plan for the feature, execute and maintain.
- Knowledge on testing frameworks and automation experience
- Customer scenario testing experience
- Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on automation results
- Demonstrated expertise in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For further details, click here.