Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), an autonomous research institute of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, undertakes advanced level of research in all aspects of the geosciences and Geodynamics of the Himalaya. The department of Science Technology has given Wadia Institute the responsibility of coordinating geological aspects of the National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan ecosystem (NMSHE) under the National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC).
The broad objectives of NMSHE include the understanding of the complex processes affecting the Himalayan Ecosystem and evolve suitable management and policy measures for sustaining and safeguarding the Himalayan ecosystem. The Director, WIHG invites applications for purely temporary contractual positions in the sponsored project.
DST Sponsored project titled, “Status of Geo-resources and Impact Assessment of Geological (exogenic) Processes in NW Himalayan Ecosystem” under NMSHE program.
1. Project Scientist
- No. of Post: 02
- Essential Qualification: PhD in Earth system sciences/Physics with 1st class in M.Sc.in Geology/Geophysics/Geo Informatics/Physics.
- Experience: Minimum three (03) years post PhD research experience.
- Desirable: Experience in one or more of the following fields is required:-
1) Research Experience in modelling of earth surface processes under different climate conditions.
2) Work experience in the Himalayan terrain and knowledge of Remote Sensing and GIS software.
3) Research Experience in Geological processes (Quaternary Landforms/Groundwater /Landslide/ Glaciological studies.
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 40 years as on date of advertisement.
- Remuneration: Rs. 60,000/- p.m. (Consolidated)
2. Research Associate
- No. of Post: 04
- Essential Qualification: PhD with 1st class M.Sc./M.Tech. in Geology/Applied Geology/ Geoinformatics/Geophysics/Physics
- Desirable: Research experience in Glaciology/Hydrometeorology/Hydrogeological/Quaternary Geology/ Geomorphology/ Mass movement studies/ Mining environments. Candidates worked in the Himalayan terrain and have a working knowledge of Remote Sensing/GIS and MATLAB and other modelling software’s will be preferred.
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 years as on date of advertisement.
- Remuneration: Rs. 36,000/- p.m. consolidated + Admissible HRA.
3. Junior Research Fellow
- No. of Post: 03
- Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc./M.Tech. in Geology/Applied Geology/Geoinformatics /Physics.
- Desirable: Experience in Remote Sensing and GIS, mapping of geological features, knowledge of landform evolution, landslides, mineral resources, mines and environment in Himalaya, glaciology, hydrogeology, working knowledge of MATLAB. Candidates with Physics/Maths at B.Sc. level and worked in the Himalayan region will be preferred.
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 28 years as on date of advertisement.
- Remuneration: Rs. 25,000- + Admissible HRA to NET (JRF)/GATE (upward revised due) qualified candidates and Rs. 12,000/- + Admissible HRA to Non-NET/GATE qualified candidates.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can fill the application performa available here and submit it along with self-attested photocopies of certificates and mark sheets in support of educational qualification to the Registrar, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun-248001 (Uttarakhand) latest by 4:00 p.m. on 12.10.2019 through Speed/Registered post only.
- Applications not submitted
in the prescribed format will not be considered. Applications received after the scheduled closing date or not accompanied by required certificates/documents or otherwise found incomplete, unsigned and not as per any of the conditions of this advertisement will be rejected.