JOB POST: Project Officers and Project Assistants at RGCB, Thiruvananthapuram [5 Vacancies]: Apply by April 3
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for 2 temporary positions of Project Officer and 3 temporary positions of Project Assistant at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Project Officer:
- A First Class Masters Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Life Sciences or Biotechnology.
- A minimum of 36 months documented working experience in recognized molecular microbiology and/or virology laboratory in either the state or central government sector.
- Project Assistant:
- Applicant should possess a BSc MLT degree or BSc Degree with MLT degree (recognized by the Directorate of Medical Education with not less than 60% marks in the qualifying exam. Candidates with MSc or PhD will not be considered for this position.
- Good communication skills
- Project Officers:
- Participate in laboratory work rosters including day & evening shifts on weekdays & weekends & public holidays.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory tests, including validation and reporting
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Adhere to standard operating techniques and procedures documented in laboratory manuals as required by NABL
- Participate in departmental continuing education program/s.
- Assist other members of the team as needed and encourage teamwork.
- Assist with internal and external Quality Assurance Programs as directed by senior staff.
- Implement initiatives in consultation with the Principal Scientist/ Senior Scientists to provide continuous improvements for the laboratory.
- Participate in research and development projects under the supervision of senior staff as required.
- Project Assistants:
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, tissue, etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Knowledge of critical values
- Project Officers: Below 35 years as on April 01, 2020. Meritorious candidates will be given age relaxation. For SC/ST/OBC candidat’s age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
- Project Assistants: Preferably between 22 to 25 years of age and not more than 28 years as on April 1, 2020. For SC/ST/OBC candidates age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
As per RGCB IPP norms.
How to Apply?
- Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned on or before April 03, 2020.
- Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Applications can also be sent as a PDF file to director[at]rgcb.res.in.
April 3, 2020
For further details, click here.
About the Author