The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) in Ludhiana is Asia largest agriculture University, Punjab is a state agricultural university in India. It was established in 1962 and is the nation’s third-oldest agricultural university, after Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar and Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneshwar. PAU pioneered the Green Revolution in India in the 1960s and was bifurcated in 2005 with the formation of Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU).
Applications are invited on the prescribed form available in the office of undersigned on payment of Rs. 200/- in shape of Bank Draft payable at Ludhiana in favour of Comptroller, PAU, Ludhiana on any working day from 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. along with attested copies of certificates for one post of Project Manager provided in the scheme “Development of heat tolerant, high yielding and climate resilient wheat cultivars by utilizing genomics, molecular and physiological information and resources, CSS-25 (PC- 6228)” in the wheat section for a period of six months or till the termination of the scheme whichever is earlier.
- B.Sc.(Agri.)/B.Sc.(Hort.)/B.Sc.(Forestry)/B.Sc.(Medical) B.Sc.(Biotechnology) with minimum OCPA 6.0/10.0 basis or 60 % marks.
- M.Sc. Plant Breeding / Plant Breeding & Genetics / Genetics (Crop plants) /Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/Botany with OCPA 6.50/10.00 or 65% marks.
- The candidate, who does not possess a Master’s degree in the relevant subject but possesses a PhD Degree in the discipline required at the Master’s level, shall be eligible for the post.
- Candidates having a post-graduate degree in basic sciences with three years Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degree should have the NET qualification and two years of research experience.
- Ph.D.in Plant Breeding/Plant Breeding &Genetics/ Genetics (crop plants) /Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology or related fields will be given preference.
Computer literacy in Microsoft office and statistical data analysis
Rs. 35000/- p. m (fixed)
How to Apply
The last date for the receipt of applications (duly completed in all respects) in this office is 18-09-2019. Incomplete applications or unsupported by the requisite documents will not be entertained. The candidates should appear for interview on 24-09-2019 at 11.30 A.M. in the office of the undersigned (Room No. 114, P.G. Building, PAU, Ludhiana). No separate information for interview will be sent. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Sep 18, 2019