Applications are invited for the post of Project Manager at IIT Madras.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public technical and research university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. As one of the Indian Institutes of Technology, it is recognised as an Institute of National Importance.
About the Position
The Program Manager is responsible for conduct and management of classroom and online GDC programs. The Program Manager may be managing one or more programs at any point of time. The role is challenging and provides avenues for developing multi-faceted managerial skills and career growth.
The Program Manager works very closely with the Chief / Senior Program manager, GDC instructors, and start-up teams in a training program (called a Cohort). The main role of the Program Manager involves coordination of all the activities with participant team members and instructors including two-way communications, (re)scheduling activities, explaining software tools, managing time to ensure programs start and finish as per schedule, coordination and managing communication with various participating institutes, keeping in touch with GDC alumni, and managing various databases in GDC. The Program Manager is also responsible for documentation and archiving of program material and content generated.
Key Skills / Competencies
- Ability to coordinate and independently manage training programs, including making tactical changes to schedules in the course of a training program in accordance with exigencies as they arise
- To be able to carry out written and oral Communication with program participants in accordance with laid down policies
- Excellent computer literacy and proficiency in office management software, email management software, and ability to learn and manage other program management software.
- Mental and emotional maturity required to engage with senior academicians and researchers in a professional manner during a program.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Education – B. E / B. tech or Master’s Degree
- Minimum Two years and Maximum Five+ years of experience in an educational, corporate, or training organisation in managing / coordinating programs
- Experience of program management, including creation and development of associated materials/documents, maintaining data/records, managing communication
- Experience of working in / leading small close-knit teams and under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in project management as well as project management tools
- Computer savvy – Proficient in use of MS Office, online conferencing, Social Media; more importantly, willing and capable of learning software tools such as database programs, videomaking/editing software, and other online software tools/utilities.
- Other skills – Ability to get along with people including strangers, Time management
- Comfortable in working and interacting with senior professionals
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English and working knowledge of Hindi
Rs 40,000 / month (lump sum). More experienced candidates may be offered higher fitment
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Dec 2, 2020
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 044- 2257 8357
For more details, click the link below.