Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Project Engineer at IIT Bombay.
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public technical and research university located in Powai in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE) Phase- II
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- MTech/ME/MDes or equivalent degree OR BTech/BE/MA/MSc/MCA/ MBA or equivalent degree with 2 years relevant experience
- Work experience of FEG-SEM is necessary and a minimum of six months concentrated hands-on FEG-SEM experience and the ability to operate the FEG-SEM.
- The candidate must be well versed in SEM, Energy Dispersive X-Ray Analysis (EDX), STEM, Gold Sputter Coating and maintain Project/Protocol focus for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of the principles of Electron Microscopy.
- Technical knowledge of various types of Vacuum systems & controllers.
- Communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to interact with Co-workers, Supervisors, and Outside Specials sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Responsible for the day-to-day scientific and technical operations in the facility
- Maintains laboratory instrumentation in good working condition
- Arranges for service and repairs from the vendor for major problems
- Prepares samples for the specific type of analysis required or requested (SEM, EDX, Gold Sputter Coating, etc.)
- Monitoring the supporting devices required to run the system
- Monitor the instrument performance and image quality
- Creates client reports for all the requests and evaluates online requests to perform materials analysis
- Maintain and upgrade computer software specific to laboratory instrumentation or data analysis applications
- Creates manuals and testing protocol in order to assure consistent and proper operation, calibration, and preventive maintenance of the laboratory
- Responsible to fill the online and offline logbook & feedback entries from lab users for laboratory record purpose
Level PR – O1: Salary range from Rs.33600 to Rs. 67200 + Rs.6250.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
- The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and tenable only for the duration of the project.
- The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
- Candidates called for interview will be required to attend at their own expenses.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
June 28, 2021
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Senior Project Engineer (Industrial & Management Engineering) at IIT Kanpur: Apply by June 28
- Senior Research Fellow (Electrical Engineering) at IIT Bombay: Apply by July 7