Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Project Associate I and II at NCBS, Bangalore.
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) in Bangalore, Karnataka, is a research center specializing in biological research. It is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) under the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India.
The mandate of NCBS is basic and interdisciplinary research in the frontier areas of biology. The research interests of the faculty are in four broad areas ranging from the study of single molecules to systems biology.
Number of Position
- Perform hands-on laboratory work, independently or together with colleagues. Responsible for carrying out laboratory tests such as virus neutralization, virus titre determination, and RT-PCR;
- Prepare and organize experiments in order to produce reliable and precise data.
- Maintaining strict adherence to timeliness/punctuality scheduled in advance
- Ensuring availability of all paper record etc. Submitting weekly reports to one’s reporting authority.
- Provide timely and professional reports to clients
- Age limit: 35 years
Remuneration will be equivalent to Project Associate 1 and 2 as per DST OM No. SR/S9/Z-05/2019 dated 10th July 2020.
- Post Graduate in Science or Graduate in Technology
- Prior experience in working with pathogenic micro-organisms (BSL-2, BSL-3) is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication required with exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers and their applications
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants should email at bliscvirology[at]gmail.com alongwith CV (with the names and contact details of at least two scientific referees), Cover letter.
- Please mention the advertisement number (10/2021) in the subject line.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview which may comprise multiple rounds to assess the candidate’s fit for the position.
June 30, 2021
Click here to apply for the post of Project Associate I and II at National Centre For Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: