JOB POST: Project Assistants at SACON, Coimbatore [2 Vacancies]: Walk in Interview on Sep 13
Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), a Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India, in the field of Ornithology and Natural History. SACON wishes to engage TWO Project Assistants (Indian nationals only) through a Walk-in-Interview to be held at SACON on 13/09/2019, to assist in developing Detailed Project Report (DPR).
No. of Post
Name of Projects
- Documentation of avifaunal diversity of Lakshadweep Archipelago and their conservation
- Establishment of Community Reserve for restoring and protecting the habitats for migratory birds in Kattampalli wetlands, Kannur, Kerala
Minimum 55% in Masters’ Degree (M.Sc.) in Zoology / Wildlife Biology / Wildlife Science / Biodiversity Conservation / Ecology / Environmental Science or any other related field in Life Sciences from a recognized University
- Knowledge of Indian avifauna and their ecology and conservation
- Good communication skill in English (spoken & written)
- Experience in preparing research proposals
- Proficiency in computer applications/office software
Description of Work
The selected candidates are required to collect secondary literature and collate published data relevant to proposed projects and to assist the Principal Investigators in developing and preparing project proposals (DPR)
Below 30 years as on 01.09.2019
Rs. 20,000/- consolidated per month
How to Apply
- Interested candidates, who fulfil all essential qualifications, can attend the Walk-in-Interview to be conducted at SACON on 13th September 2019.
- Candidates should report to the venue at 09.00 a.m. on the day of interview for registration and should submit duly filled-in application forms available here with recent passport-size colour photograph affixed, along with self-attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, date of birth, community, extracurricular activities etc.
- All original documents in support of qualifications, age, experience etc., should be produced at the time of interview for verification.
Phone: +91 422 2203100-109
Email: salimali[at]sacon.in, salimalicentre[at]gmail.com
For more details, click here.
About the Author