The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, a centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is a research institute based in Bengaluru, India. Founded in 2007, ICTS has grown from a fledgling institution to a global centre of activity in various areas of science. Prof. Spenta R. Wadia was the founding director of the institute and served till 2015, after which he was succeeded by Rajesh Gopakumar as the Director.
The Centre invites highly motivated and self-driven individuals for recruitment for the post of Project Assistant to work on a project “Cold Atomic Gases and Open Quantum Systems” at its Bangalore office.
- Pursuing or having finished Bachelors or Masters degree in Physics
- A very strong academic record
- Expertise in computing
- Strong past research experience in the area of cold atomic gases
- Familiarity with nonlinear dynamics and related topics
- An interest in basic research and the ability to commit 8 months to this project
- Strong foundation in cold atomic gases
- Experience in Quantum Many-Body Systems and Open Quantum Systems
The project offers excellent opportunities for fundamental research. The study will be computational and analytical and will involve the study of Bose-Einstein Condensates (BEC’s) in particular and Cold Atomic Gases in general. The candidate will be expected to work on analytical and computational techniques for open quantum systems. The ideal project assistant will be extremely strong academically, especially in mathematics and scientific computation.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience, qualifications, potential and according to the Centre’s norms. The selected candidate will be required to join on December 16th, 2019.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should apply online through this available link.
- Candidates will need to upload the latest CV, latest transcripts and provide details of at least two referees who will be contacted by the institute for recommendation letters. The deadline is September 20th, 2019.
- The position is purely temporary for 8 months and likely to be continued if candidates performance is satisfactory.
- Mere fulfilment of qualifications/experience requirements does not entitle a candidate to be called for the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further process and no TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview.
- Candidates should produce original testimonials/certificates, as a proof of the details furnished in their application, at the time of test/interview for verification, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for test/interview.