ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Project Assistant in Computational Biology position to work in rice genetic improvement in a multi-disciplinary team comprising scientists from various disciplines. This position is required for the maintenance of equipment related computation biology and assist in establishes pipelines for analysing whole-genome re-sequencing datasets (3K Panel) and associated with sequencing-based trait mapping.
The position will be based at IRRI-SA Hub, ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru. The position is within the Rice Breeding Platform-South Asia Region. It will report to the Regional Breeding Lead – South Asia.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc or B.Tech in Computer Science/ Life Science/ Mathematics with one-year relevant work experience
- Respectable publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments
- Experience in R, NGS tools and data management
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
This is a Consolidated Position for 32 months and renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
- Explore and understand of data-sets and data-formats from NGS experiments.
- Assist in manage and create the data in required data formats.
- Assist in analyzing NGS data using tools, like BOWTIE, BWA, STAR, etc.,
- Analyse the data using R packages like SNP related, GAPIT, etc.,
- Summarize, arrange and write in reports
- Data collection and analysis performs quality control, monitors data for accuracy, uploads data to database system within agreed upon timelines with the supervisor
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
May 21, 2020
For more details, click here.