Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Project Analyst at UN Women, New Delhi.
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for the empowerment of women. UN Women became operational in January 2011.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute technically to the development of project strategies:
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the project.
Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the Project:
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget of the Project;
- Lead the implementation of project activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project partners:
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of project activities like – programme management, coordination, financial and narrative reporting,
- Maintain relationships with national and state partners to support implementation and expansion of the project;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results based management tools;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results , outputs and outcomes;
- Prepare donor reports, quarterly and annual reports for the project and provide substantive inputs to the UN Women reports.
Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the project:
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary;
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports;
Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies:
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on FLIGHT to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country:
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to the project;
- Coordinate and organize, and implement advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on the project.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to project strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of project results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of technical areas like – Women’s Economic Empowerment, gender and education, Programme Management and coordination.
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the thematic area is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local language is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
July 16, 2021