Indian Statistical Institute is an academic institute of national importance as recognised by a 1959 act of the Indian parliament. It grew out of the Statistical Laboratory set up by Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in Presidency College, Kolkata.
A Walk-in-interview will be held on 01.10.2019 at 10.00 AM in the Applied Statistics Unit (8th Floor, S N Bose Bhavan/Library Building) of Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata for recruitment in the post of Programmer and Project Assistant (purely on temporary basis) to work in the a sponsored research project at RC Bose Centre for Cryptology & Security, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- No. of Posts: 02
- Essential Qualification: BE/ B-Tech or equivalent (10+2+4) in Computer Science, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent discipline.
- Desirable: Knowledge in the field of Cryptology & Security.
- Skills: Proficiency in C programming language in Unix environment
- Remuneration: INR 30000/- per month (consolidated)
2. Project Assistant
- No. of Posts: 02
- Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Skills: Working knowledge of computer
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in clerical and administrative work in Research/ Scientific organization or Society.
- Remuneration: INR 20000/- per month (consolidated)
Should not exceed 35 years as on 01.10.2019 with usual relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Differently abled candidate. Additional relaxation of age is applicable for the candidate with additional years of experience (over & above the essential criterion) in the respective fields.
Tenure of Appointment
Duration of appointment is one year from the date of his/ her joining the project which may be extended later/ terminated earlier depending on the availability of funds & performance of the candidate.
How to Apply?
- Candidates willing to appear for the Walk-in-Interview should be present at Applied Statistics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, 203, BT Road, Kolkata-700108 (8th Floor, S N Bose Bhavan/ Library Building) on 01/10/2019 sharply at 10.00 AM.
- The current resume of the candidate should be addressed to Head, R C Bose Centre for Cryptology & Security, Indian Statistical Institute stating (a) Name (in block letters) (b) Mailing address (present & permanent) (c) E-mail address (d) Contact no. (e) Parent/ Spouse name (f) Date of birth (g) Academic qualification with percentage of marks obtained in public examinations in class 10 & onwards (h) Work Experience (i) SC/ST/OBC/ Differently abled category. The original credentials should be brought for verification.
- Candidates while appearing for the interview will be required to bring their photo ID card and a copy of their resume.