WhatsApp (Facebook) is seeking a Public Policy Manager to develop WhatsApp’s safety and encryption strategy in India and the South Asia region. As the Public Policy Manager for WhatsApp in country and the region you will help shape various product and issue agendas with policymakers inside and outside government while keeping in mind the legal and constitutional provisions around privacy principles.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 14+ years of work experience, including experience managing high-profile policy campaigns and strategic outreach with diverse stakeholders within policy advocacy or in a government position
- Experience executing cross-functional campaigns
- Ability to work as part of a team and exercise good judgment and a sense of humor in a rapidly changing environment
- Superb communication skills
- Advanced degree preferred, including a degree in law
- Experience in internet technologies, security, privacy, content moderation and the surrounding policy environments (preferred)
- Experience in product counseling (preferred)
- Develop and lead strategic outreach and policy campaigns to shape public and political dialogue in a way that benefits WhatsApp’s users and the wider web.
- Engage directly and build relations with policymakers, trade associations, industry partners, key opinion formers, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused, private, safe and secure online environment.
- Build external relationships strategically to help shape public and political dialogue.
- Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues and thought leaders.
- Manage policy projects on a host of issues and work cross-functionally to develop policy positions.
- Lead framework and our policy strategy for issues including encryption, privacy, and content.
- Build appropriate reputational programs that showcase the benefits of the WhatsApp service.