IFC is seeking Investment or Research Analysts to support Upstream work in the Asia and Pacific region with a focus on one or more of the following sectors: Banking, Microfinance, Housing Finance, Insurance, Transport, Telecommunications, Media, Technology, Water and Wastewater, Urban Development and Municipal Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Health, Education, Tourism, Retail and Property. The Upstream Analyst will support the development of high-quality Upstream pipeline through research, analytical and operational work.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide research and analysis on relevant sectors, markets and companies, including market mapping, comparator analysis, and sector and company financial projections/models.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements of companies within the sector.
- Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present data for various audiences and update/maintain information in relevant databases.
- Review, screen and prepare relevant documents and reports.
- Support the Upstream team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field. MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- Up to 3 years work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
Last date of application is 8 March 2020.
New Delhi, India; Hong Kong, China; Singapore; Mumbai, India; Bangkok, Thailand; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Karachi, Pakistan.