WHO (World Health Organisation), New Delhi invites job applications for Training Assistant for the year 2021. The last date of application is April 8.
The Department of Administration and Finance is responsible for providing efficient and effective support service to all programmes and activities of the organization in the South-East Asia Region in respect of human resources management, administration, budget and finance, procurement, conference, IT services, staff security and staff medical services.
The objective of the Human Resources Management (HRM) unit in SEARO is to recruit the best qualified personnel in a timely manner; deliver effective and efficient HR services to clients in the Regional Office and Country Officer; promote a cultural of staff well-being and development; and guide staff and managers through the provision of expert advice on all human resource related matters.
Under the direct supervision of Executive Associate (SDL), HRM-SDL and general guidance of the Regional HR Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Receive, screen and log requests for Staff Development and Learning (SDL) activities for processing; ensure follow-up;
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluation of training courses and other Staff Development and Learning activities organized by the SDL unit, manage logistical and other arrangements for SDL activities;
- Prepare/complete necessary documentation and statistics in respect of all SDL activities; provide assistance in maintaining and updating the SDL database:
- Records/updates data on all SDL activities concerning details of programmes/courses, participants, use of funds and evaluation, etc.;
- Prepare/generate implementation status reports and other statistical inputs from the SDL database on a regular basis;
- Assist in maintaining records of SDL expenditure, monitor the same and prepare necessary statistical reports.Draft memoranda/email messages/fax messages for approval and signatures, as directed.
- Provide general administrative support to supervisor in recruitment of Consultants and management of Internship programme in SEAR, including maintaining unit files/records and follow up actions as necessary.
- Assist in liaising with concerned HQ and WR Office staff in matters requiring clarification/finalization regarding SDL activities, through teleconference, e-mail or other means of communication.Assist in organizing induction/briefing programmes for the newly appointed/reassigned staff members and debriefing programmes for outgoing staff members.Assist in responding to queries from staff members.
- Perform other relevant duties, as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: Completion of secondary education.
Desirable: Training in secretarial practices. University degree is an asset.
Essential: At least three years’ experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work
Desirable: Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.
Ability to draft standard correspondence; Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required; Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training; Knowledge of staff development and learning policies and procedures is an advantage.
Other skills (eg IT): Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 608,064 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- Job Posting: Mar 18, 2021, 11:29:40 AM
- Closing Date: Apr 8, 2021, 3:29:00 AM