General Electric invites job applications for Technical Writer for Bengaluru location for the year 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on the official website.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in partnering with stakeholders and team members to produce high-quality technical documentation
- Create various types of user documentation including manuals, guides, presentations and more
- Analyze complex technical systems and software and fill any gaps in existing documentation
- Obtain appropriate information from subject matter experts and establish a reproducible method for generating clear and concise documentation in accordance with professional standards
- Establish and evaluate effective document presentation methods
- Actively participate in daily Scrum stand-up meetings, weekly planning and review meetings
- Coordinate all translations and vendor relationships as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in with basic experience.
Proficiency in editing (QA for documentation) – ability to recognize errors and opportunities for developmental improvement in a variety of information deliverables
Skilled at researching and leveraging information architecture principles to create a content structure that supports a wide variety of information types and deliverables
Basic understanding of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes, their application to projects, and how to drive information development in these processes
Basic understanding of the major aspects of software design, development, and QA and ability to leverage this understanding to inform planning and execution for information development projects
Basic knowledge of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing
Ability to define and research user profiles and to create content targeted appropriately to meet user goals
Basic domain and product knowledge, including appropriate terminology, with a clear understanding of product line(s) and offerings, competitive landscapes and associated industries
Basic skills in the process of breaking down software processes into tasks necessary to the targeted user and effectively explaining those tasks to the user
Basic project management skills/ ability to lead a writing project: ability to coordinate work of other writers, accurately estimate scope and time, create and work to deadlines, take multiple variables (including other functional areas) into account when setting a schedule
- Leadership/Personal Attributes:
Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts
Influences through othersExecutes on new methods when appropriate
Constantly thinking critically about the task at hand and maintaining an understanding of the problem in the bigger picture
Effectively manages risk and weighs the pros and cons of important decisions that affect multiple team members.