Indian Institute of Packaging, Mumbai an autonomous body under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India invites applications from candidates on contractual basis for its Delhi office on a contract basis.
No. of Posts
The total number of persons required is Six. Three persons will be in the Designing and three persons will be in the testing and projects. Requirement of Industrial Designer / Product Designer and Graphic Designer (2 Industrial Designer and 1 Graphic Designer) having an interest in the packaging design of various food as well as non-food items.
For Industrial Designer/Product Designer
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s in Industrial/Product Design
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with consumer product design – experience within the gift industry a plus
- High proficiency in 3D modelling using Solidworks and Rhino, along with Key Shot 3D rendering software
- Can quickly and effectively deliver design data for engineering and manufacturing
- Knowledge and experience with rapid prototyping, manufacturing processes and materials
- Strong sketching, design and visualization skills
- An intuitive eye for design and a genuine love for creative work
- Innovative thinker, with the capacity to generate creative concepts and the discipline to develop them into strategic and market-relevant products
- Strong organizational skills; effectively convey design ideas and keep projects on track and on time
- Adapts quickly to rapidly changing needs within the team, and is able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Makes creative decisions in order to maintain high-quality standards With equivalent qualification and experience is also applicable.
For Graphic Designer
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s in Graphic Design/Fine Arts
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with product package design – experience within the gift industry a plus
- Competent in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator With equivalent qualification and experience is also applicable. Qualification and experience for the testing and Packaging Project: total requirements 3 persons. Postgraduate in Science/ Packaging/ Experience in testing and Research projects in Packaging will be preferable. With equivalent qualification and experience is also applicable.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Using exceptional design skills, generate a range of innovative and inspired design concepts that meet project objectives
- Design and create ready-to-manufacture models using Solid works and Rhino software
- Work collaboratively with the graphics Designer to create models and renderings and packaging materials. Knowledge of development of a prototype of the package and also coordinates with the prototype development team.
As per Government norms
Duration of Project
Initially 3 months. depending on performance it will be extended to six months.
The contract will be initially for 6 months, which may be extended further on need basis. The remuneration will be fixed based on the qualification/experience.
How to apply?
Applications along with CV/Bio-data along with copies of certificates, mark sheets etc. and a brief write up supporting the candidature/suitability for the post shall be submitted in a sealed envelope super scribed with “Application for Post of JRF on Contract Basis for IIP Delhi” or “Application for Post of SRF on Contract Basis for IIP Delhi” to Mr Madhab Chakraborty, Joint Director (Head – IIP Delhi), Plot No. 21, Functional Industrial Estate, Patparganj, Near Udyog Sadan, Delhi – 110 092.
The last date of receipt of application is 3 April 2020
Phone: 91- 011-2216 6703 / 4 / 5,
Mobile: 91 – 9581000064,