Amazon India invites job applications for Subject Matter Expert for Chennai location for the year 2021. As a Subject Matter Expert, you will be responsible for owning the key metrics focused towards defect elimination and deliver business value.
The role requires you to work closely with senior leadership and other internal/external stakeholders, helping them make data-driven decisions, size up problems through various analysis, convert problem statements into process improvement activities & achieve closure. The individual will interact with the business, automation & technology teams to help drive operation, deploy tools & technics and system improvements.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work at all levels with an eye for detail to achieve quality & process goals, actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core values and translates those into everyday practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Operations, Business, Project Management, Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management, with proven success record
- Understand basic and systematic approaches to manage projects/programs
- Structured problem solving approach using Lean Six Sigma techniques to identify & fix defects
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Open-minded, creative and proactive thinking
- Pioneer to invent and make differences
- Understanding of customer experience, listening to customers’ voice and work backwards to improve business process and operations
- Knowledge of SQL (Intermediate), Macros, etc.
- Strong Automation Skills with experience in Advance SQL, Python, Tableau.
- Own the defect elimination goal for the functional unit
- Dive deep and understand different upstream systems & processes that lead to product defects,
- Drive inputs to improve standard operating procedures, and eliminate defects through upstream process or automation fixes by working with external stakeholders
- Use data analysis to identify gaps, structure initiatives, recommend solutions and drive consensus on strategic inter function business decisions
- Own the communication and progress updates on multiple projects, assess performance against goals and realign internal/external stakeholders on project deliverables
- Use Tableau and SQL to create dashboards by task, analyze opportunities, identify patterns and implement proactive solutions.