Applications are invited for Sports Correspondent at Thomson Reuters, Bengaluru for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Reuters is seeking a Correspondent for its Bangalore Sports Desk. The sports team in Bangalore is an integral part of the global Reuters sports file and delivers breaking news across geographies with the accuracy, speed, context and freedom from bias our clients expect.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is one of the world’s most trusted providers of answers, helping professionals make confident decisions and run better businesses. Our customers operate in complex arenas that move society forward — law, tax, compliance, government, and media – and face increasing complexity as regulation and technology disrupts every industry.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent storyteller, writer and reporter with sound news judgment and the ability to multi-task. Interested candidates should have a minimum of one year’s experience as a sports reporter. A familiarity with North American sports and prior editing experience are advantages, though not prerequisites.
You should be someone who is comfortable working in a diverse team and flitting between sporting disciplines. You could be asked to write stories on anything from soccer and golf to basketball and the latest CAS judgements on a given day. The team is often the first point of contact for breaking sports news around the world, so a calm head, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cooperate well with a team that is spread across the world are all essential.
- Monitoring of U.S. and other global sports events, news sources and media outlets
- Reporting and writing stories for the Reuters global newswire
- You will report across the sports file and should be a strong writer with a broad interest in sports and a passion for delivering news fast. The ability to write lucid, engaging copy is essential
- You will work daily with colleagues in the Americas,Europe, Asia and Africa to write and report out stories and set the news agenda each day
- You will also be expected to jump fast on hints of breaking news and build a file of initiative stories
- The Sports team in Bangalore runs seven days a week. Team members are entitled to two days off per week and the job will often involve late nights and/or early starts
- The willingness to work across different shifts is paramount. Shifts can change at short notice for extended periods to focus coverage on sporting events around the globe.
You may also be interested in: