Amazon Bengaluru invites job applications for Software Development Engineer post. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via the official website.
As a Software Development Engineer working in India Retail Experience Team, you will lead designing and building platforms that is configuration driven, self-service capable, to serve the fast growing needs of various businesses at Amazon. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to launch on time, and handling real time business events and translate them into financial events that could then be persisted onto Financial Systems within Amazon.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business and financial events. You will interface with several teams including Contra-CoGS, Fulfillment Services, Fees, Taxes, Retail Systems, Marketplace Systems, Invoicing Platform, Digital Systems, Amazon Web Services, Financial Systems, Accounting and Operations.
- Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on e-Commerce website development and platform services.
- Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Rich hands-on programming experience in Java or another object oriented language
- Proven track record building large-scale systems and solving complex problems
- Experience mentoring and developing the technical skills of Software Engineers
- Deep understanding of design-patterns and putting them to use in real-world scenarios
- Experience with service oriented technology
- Experience working with and building scalable systems
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud platform
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.