Teach for India is inviting applications for the position of Senior Program Manager at their Ahmedabad office for the year 2021.
Teach For India has built a nationwide movement of leaders who are working relentlessly to end inequity in education. It’s been twelve years since they began this journey and today they have 900+ Fellows leading classrooms impacting 32,000 children across the country.
- The Senior Program Manager coordinates and leads programmatic activity with a region, thus ensuring progress towards student outcomes, Fellow development, and citywide culture.
- As the head of a region’s program, the Senior Program Manager develops a strategic plan that promises to deliver on transformational outcomes for children, by delivering on the development of Fellows.
- Utilizing existing resources to execute that plan, the role not only manages and coaches a team towards outcomes, but it also serves as culture and movement builder for the region.
- Finally, the Senior Program Manager holds a wider commitment to Teach For India’s organizational success, providing thought-partnership and broader leadership to building a sustainable and values-driven organization.
- Designs a programmatic annual strategy that includes goals, priorities and timelines, as well as a scope and sequence outlining Fellowship and managerial support.
- Designs and creates regional support structures and spaces, available for both Fellows and Program Managers, as well as the monitoring and evaluation to continuously invests Program Managers and Fellows in Teach For India’s culture, building a collaborative and supportive network.
- Coordinates the multiple facets of programmatic activity, including student leadership, training, coaching, and partnerships, to ensure coordinated implementation.
- Manages and coaches Program Managers and Team Members through a variety of individual and group-support mechanisms, including – but not limited to – classroom observations, coaching conversations, group debriefs, team meetings, and training sessions.
- Communicates with Fellows and Staff Members frequently and consistently, delivering messages that are aligned to regional strategy and organizational culture.
- Works closely with the central Training and Impact Team – as well as Senior Managers from other regions – to share best practices and collectively inform a national approach to Fellow Development.
- Leads team and self through frequent reflections on city-level trends – using data from sources across engagement surveys, student-impact data, and observational inputs – to inform short and long-term strategic decisions.
- Contributes to broader organizational priorities such as Recruitment, Selection, and Matriculation.
- Works closely with the City Director to thought-partner and advance regional priorities and culture.
Educational Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of two years teaching experience in a low-income school with a strong track record of building academics, values, mindsets, and pathways to opportunity with students
- A minimum of 1 year of an instructional leadership role, with strong results in Fellow growth, student growth, team culture, training effectiveness and school partner investment Strategic Planning and Design abilities, used to develop a regional programmatic plan
- Decision-making and problem-solving capacities
- A nuanced understanding of Teach For India’s approach to Fellow & Student Impact, including a vision for student outcomes
- Demonstrated success in leading teams to ambitious outcomes
- Demonstrated success in mobilizing partnerships and building organizational culture
- 3 years experience preferred in coaching/ managing teams
How to Apply?
To apply for this position, click here.
For further information, click on the link below: