HarvestPlus seeks a highly motivated Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) work at institutional and programmatic level.
The position is based at the IFPRI Delhi Office in India or at ICRISAT in Hyderabad in India with a regional coverage of fieldwork/travel in Asia (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, China). It will also include carrying out desk review and data analysis at global level. Interested applicants must have authorization to work in India.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in agricultural economics, statistics, economics, agriculture, or related fields
- At least four years of experience in designing monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment protocols and tools and conducting quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation methods suitable for tracking and evaluating complex programs and projects
- Expertise in Theories of Change and Impact pathways and their application in agricultural research and development.
- Strong communications skills in English
- Strong analytical, synthesis and facilitation skills
- Excellent working knowledge or proficiency in statistical software such as STATA or SPSS
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time
- High proficiency in word processing and presentation software. Values the sharing of information and collaboration for continuous improvement and learning
- Self-motivated, innovative spirit and excellent interpersonal and team skills and the ability to work with colleagues from diverse cultures
- Excellent capacity to use Microsoft applications (e.g. MS Office) and web-based meeting and conferencing applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel and lead and carry out field work in developing countries.
- Providing technical support to designing, planning (including survey GANTT charts and budgets, sampling and questionnaire design), implementation (training of enumerators, supervising data collection and data quality control), data analysis and developing initial draft reports to share results of household, producer, market level surveys that assess program outcomes.
- Provide technical support to country level Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialists in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Indonesia and China with regards to the scheduling, planning and implementation of outcome monitoring surveys
- Provide technical input to draft MEL and donor reports, discussion papers, policy briefs, presentations and scientific journal articles.
- Draft and or provide input to draft manuals, protocols, guidelines and tools for the standardization of MEL processes across country programs
- Provide technical input to the periodic baseline, mid-term and end-line evaluations by country programs and consultants
- Provide input to country program annual MEL plans, MEL frameworks and ToC, to ensure conformity to global MEL standards and best practices, and alignment to the HarvestPlus strategy
- Lead/provide input to country level annual program evaluation, learning and planning meetings based on MEL data
- Provide input in the preparation of MEL training activities and workshops/seminars organized by the Global MEL Unit
- Lead regional level liaison (as guided by the global MEL approach) with partners implementing biofortification especially in countries with no HarvestPlus office, to ensure that data on key biofortification indicators is included in key data collection systems like national surveys
- Perform research activities including secondary data mining, management and analysis tasks and carrying out trend analysis at global level
- Perform any other MEL related duties as assigned by the Head, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.