The World Bank is recruiting for the post of Senior Financial Analyst at its Chennai office. Last date to apply is May 30, 2017.
About World Bank
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help its client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance. Candidates with post-graduate degree in Finance, CA-Inter or ICWA – Inter would have an advantage.
- 2 to 3 years of post-qualification experience with fixed income products and with systems that support trading activities and the processes and controls related to banking transactions processing.
- Have sound knowledge on Payments & Clearing Systems, SWIFT, etc.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including excellent spreadsheet skills. Familiarity with writing macros will be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly and effectively for maximum productivity. Knowledge of Bloomberg will be an advantage.
- Ability to deal with various third parties such as counterparties, custodians, etc. to obtain information.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- High level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter; ability to apply a practical matured approach to problem solving with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented and multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility to overlap with U.S. hours will be required to meet reporting deadlines along with willingness to travel to Washington DC for training and team projects.
- Highest ethical standards.
Duties and Accountabilities
The TRO Chennai Operations is an integral part of TRO, and is responsible for a variety of duties providing vital support across 4 operational divisions. It works closely with the Headquarters in Washington D.C. Under the guidance and supervision of a Team Leader and/or Functional Lead, the Senior Financial Assistant will have responsibilities for specific individual tasks/projects as well as for working as an integral part of the team in executing TRO’s work program, while maintaining close relationships with the other Treasury departments.
His/her primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, some combination of the following activities to support any of the business lines in TRO’s operational division:
• Perform daily cash reconciliation for cash flows (in several currencies) related to the asset management business i.e., money market transactions, repos, foreign exchange, buys and sells of fixed income, government and euro bond transactions and asset/mortgage backed securities;
• Assist in investigating reconciliation differences, performing analysis, posting necessary adjustments for resolution of any differences, preparing commentaries on results / findings, and recommending solutions in a pro-active manner;
• Assist in performing daily system to system reconciliations and controls review and communicating findings promptly to ensure proper follow-up and timely resolution of any identified differences and exceptions;
• Assist in performing custody and NAV reconciliation and communicating findings promptly to ensure proper follow-up and timely resolution of any identified differences and exceptions;
• Monitor and analyze overdrafts, fails, corporate actions in relation to the statement discrepancies;
• Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of accounting data, systems and reporting deliverables;
• Assist in the month-end close process for cash including preparation of reports and necessary adjustments needed to ensure accuracy of data and balances that are sent to general ledger system (SAP);
• Assist in the case management of queries, fails and issues in relation to corporate cash payments and receipts.
• Contact external banks through SWIFT correspondence messages for payments and receipts.
• Assist in the prompt delivery of daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end deliverables and reporting requirements for Treasury’s worldwide clients;
• Ensure that all business processes in the unit are properly documented and complied with.
• Participate in Treasury Operation’s projects and business initiatives.
• Effectively communicate with TRO staff and Management both in Chennai and in Washington, D.C. Headquarters on the status of all assigned activities.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
For original job advertisement click here.
To apply for the job, click here.