Rainforest Alliance invites job applications for the post of Senior Associate, Sustainable Agriculture for the year 2020. The Senior Associate, Sustainable Agriculture will be responsible for assessing the gaps and needs of the Rainforest Alliance business partners (e.g. producer, roasters, manufacturers, packers, traders, retailers), and other public and private partners, regular follow up support, including certification and sustainable agriculture related queries and requests, trainings and roll-out of the Rainforest Alliance’s (RA) curricular. Interested candidates can check out full details below.
- To support existing business partners on update, advice on the Rainforest Alliance standard and practices; create awareness, informing and orienting (potential) members about the Rainforest Alliance requirements, compliance to the Rainforest Alliance standard programs through various methods such as workshops, trainings and/or webinars.
- To conduct need and gap analysis of the trainers/lead farmers or instructors and up to date training sessions to meet demand and requirement especially in the new sectors/regions and context;
- Lead establishment of Trainers’ Network for India and South Asia and support in building the business model;
- Responsible for organizing trainings of trainers and training to farmers and various stakeholders, managing logistics and reporting related to training in coffee, tea, cocoa, palm oil and spices sectors;
- To develop and update specific training materials and methodologies for trainings of trainers and for farmers when required;
- Bring out report based on training and status of certification implementation, marketing ideas and business to the companies to provide technical assistance through training.
- Be available for extension support activities for business partners of the Rainforest Alliance (e.g. producer, roasters, manufacturers, packers, traders, retailers), focal point to clarify queries on stakeholders along the supply chain, motivate partners to share information regarding training tools and methodologies and get involved in the development of local and national sustainable practices;
- Participate actively in platforms/conferences for tea, coffee, cocoa, spices and other sectors in order to keep industry stakeholders and the Rainforest Alliance members motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field with 5-7 years of experience working with relevant stakeholders in the food/agricultural sector and at least 3 years of proven experience in technical agriculture related work, including development of materials and conducting trainings.
- Understanding of/experience in sustainability, certification and responsible business.
- Experience in the coffee, tea and/or spice sectors desirable.
- Experience in managing/communicating with stakeholders and developing partnership in public and private sectors.
- Project management skills and experience is a plus.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and at least two Indian languages.
- Strong communicator and team player; Good interpersonal, communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Willing to multi-tasking and flexible working ambience.
- Update knowledge on sustainable agriculture, climate change and agriculture sector in South Asia.
- Open to learn new ideas and develop new skills in the field of sustainable agriculture and responsible business.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis to travel different remote locations/regions and stay for training.