UNDP, New Delhi invites job applications for SDG Associate for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 12 Jan 2021.
The position of the SDG Associate will be to provide support the UNDP India CO in implementation of the activities under the partnership with the Seoul Policy Centre and to facilitate SDG Localization and integration. The SDG Associate will directly report to Policy Specialist SDGs, UNDP.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in economics, development science, political science, public policy, mass communications or other related fields.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum three years’ experience in development-related activities, governance, project /programme management, research, surveys and data collection, report drafting, and capacity development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in working with a State/ UT level on various public policy domains at the planning level
- Experience in coordinating with multiple government departments/ NGOs
- Experience in drafting reports, particularly SDG progress and analysis reports
- Experience in multi-stakeholder management and building partnerships
- Proficient in data analysis and statistical software
- Experience in developing SDG monitoring framework and dashboards
- Expertise in software’s and coordination with design houses
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Policy Specialist, SDGs, the SDG Associate will-
Provide support for the launch and management of the SDGCC Virtual Platform
- Coordination with technical agency for the design of virtual network, launch and content management;
- Content creation, collation of SDG best practices, tools and other related resources;
- Creation of e-learning tools/certificate courses on SDGs for various stakeholders;
- Document best practices in COVID-19 response & recovery for fast-tracking SDGs;
- Organising webinars for various stakeholders on SDG fast-tracking in the context of COVID in partnership with UNDP Seoul Policy Centre and other institutions;
- Organising IDEATHONS virtually among youth in India for addressing the impact of COVID in various sectors and fast-tracking SDGs;
Provide support in the Localisation and Integration for fast-tracking Sustainable Development Goals;
- Development and design of programme initiatives and proposal in close collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders in support of the SDG acceleration;
- Synthesizing and sharing of lessons learnt and good practices;
- Developing knowledge products for increasing understanding on SDGs at all levels
- Develop and implement customized training manuals and tools for localizing SDGs
- Help to establish SDG monitoring and planning capacity at state level and facilitate integrated planning, awareness generation and communications
- Identifying resources for select technical assistance services to state governments, in line with their requirements;
- Enhancing staff capacity development and knowledge sharing across states.
- Provide support in any other task suggested by the supervisor.
Remuneration package is Rs. 77,809/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.