The Institute invites Online Applications from eligible and interested candidates for the following vacancies under Scientific Cadre on Direct Recruitment failing which by Deputation/Absorption.
Applications must include a well-articulated research plan that closely aligns and synergises with ongoing research in the themes, accompanied by a cover letter articulating the same. Applicants are encouraged to engage with theme coordinators for as they develop their research plans.
Direct alignment of the applicant’s research program with the overall trajectory of one of the themes is a key criterion for consideration of applications. Thus applicants are encouraged to contact the theme coordinators to ensure their alignment with the goals of the theme. Interdisciplinary and collaborative research is strongly encouraged.
inStem Faculty are expected to apply for grant funding but in the first instance, initial support is provided. The candidate should be leading an internationally recognized laboratory and should have mentored PhD students, competitive postdoctoral fellows and also have accomplishments in advancing institutional goals and service activities.
PhD in Life Sciences or other allied sciences or equivalent with 15 years R & D experience including PhD of independent research experience demonstrated by strong publications and successful funding of competitive Extramural Grants. Should be an outstanding scientist with a strong and exceptional research record with independent discovery research and collaborative/thematic research of a high order.
Experience for Deputation: Scientists from Central/State Governments, Research institutes, Autonomous Bodies etc: –
(i) Holding analogous post on regular basis in parent Department or
(ii) With 5 years’ service in level 13A or equivalent in the Parent cadre/Department and possess the essential qualification and experience as mentioned above.
Age limit: Not exceeding 55 years for Direct Recruitment/Not exceeding 58 years for Deputation.
- Publication of advertisement in National dailies: 10.12.2020
- Date of publication in Employment News (E-Edition) 19.12.2020
- Date of publication of Corrigendum in Employment News: 20.02.2021
- Last date for receipt of online application*: 31.03.2021
- Eligible and interested candidates may log into the link for the post of Scientist ‘G’/ Professor under faculty positions.
- Application Fee: Unreserved & OBC candidates- Rs 1000/- Unreserved & OBC candidates from abroad with OCI Status- USD $ 30
- Candidates must ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement.
- Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- All candidates applying against unreserved (UR) vacancies will be treated as General candidates.
- Eligibility conditions will be determined with reference to the crucial date of eligibility i.e., the closing date of receipt of online applications
Research at inStem addresses complex problems in areas of cell-differentiation and tissue regeneration using human pluripotent cells, examines clinical manifestations of diseases that can potentially be treated by stem cells, models human diseases using stem cells, uses model organisms to address fundamental questions in regenerative biology, develops platforms to interrogate signaling pathways with new chemical entities, and finally, develops tools that will help to better understand the biology driving stem cells and eventually treat disease states. Research is carried out by groups who work on tightly-knit themes, crossing boundaries and developing new approaches to address questions larger than the expertise of the individual laboratory.
Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore – 560065.