Indian Space Research Organization/Department of Space Centres/Units are engaged in Research and Development activities in development of Space Application, Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them.
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer `SC’ in Level 10 of Pay Matrix to the young graduates in the following disciplines (i) Civil; (ii) Electrical; (iii) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning and (iv) Architecture.
No. of Vacancies
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Civil): 09
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Electrical): 05
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning): 02
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Architecture): 01
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Civil): BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Civil Engineering in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Electrical): BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Electrical Engineering OR Electrical and Electronics Engineering in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning): BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering with Air Conditioning & Refrigeration or allied subjects as electives or as a core subject in any of the semesters, in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10
- Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Architecture): Bachelor degree in Architecture in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% or CGPA 6.84/10 and registration with Council of Architecture.
Candidates who are going to complete the above course in the academic year 2018-2019 are also eligible to apply, provided final degree is available by August-2019 and their aggregate is 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are available). The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Written Test. Candidates who apply for the post code No. BE007 will have to produce the Registration Certificate for having registered with the Council of Architecture, at the time of Interview, failing which he/she will not be allowed for interview.
35 years as on 15.01.2019 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, against posts reserved for these categories). Ex-Serviceman and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
Pay and Allowances
Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in Level 10 of Pay Matrix and will be paid minimum basic pay of ₹56100/- p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependents, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advance for construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
How to Apply
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 26.12.2018 and 15.01.2019. Candidates may visit our website to register their applications on-line between 26.12.2018 and 15.01.2019.
- Applications will be received on-line only.
- Scanned copies of latest passport sized Photograph and Signature of the candidates in the prescribed file size is required to be uploaded in the application.
- The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated.
- Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
- E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
- The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a `No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- There will be an Application Fee of ₹100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application.
- Candidates may make the payment ‘online’ using Internet Banking/Debit Card or ‘Offline’ by visiting nearest SBI Branch.
- Candidates after submitting their application can pay application fee immediately or any day before the last date for fee payment 16.01.2019. Candidates are, however, advised to make online payment by 12.01.2019 to avoid any unexpected transaction failures/issues. [Candidates making online payment may kindly note that ISRO shall not be responsible for pending transactions or transaction failures. Candidates may if required contact their Banks and ensure successful payment of application fee. Candidates may utilize alternative methods of payment (Offline payment) if required. Ensuring a ‘successful payment’ from “Payment Status” link in ISRO’s website is mandatory for the candidates]
Note: All Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No., and Post code for future reference.
For more information, click here.
Application Deadline: Jan 15, 2019
To contact, click here.
To view Advertisement, click here.