ICRISAT seeks application for the position of Scientific Officer – Analyst (Digital Monitoring & Evaluation). This position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana and reports to Senior Manager – Digital Agriculture (M&E and Tools).
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture Economics or Data Science or related field with about two-four years of experience.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration with background in technology development and agriculture can also apply.
- Background knowledge in implementation of agriculture research for development projects and its monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and visualize complex data and metrics.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in using data analytical tools like R, Tableau, PowerBI and able to handle Excel spreadsheets with ease.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Project and process management.
- Practical knowledge of and experience with data capture/entry, particularly with a digital application like ODK.
- Understanding of database design and structures will be an asset.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in writing project success stories, lessons learned and best practices
- Ability to work under tight timelines with multidisciplinary teams
- Should be able to travel frequently to project locations within India and Africa
- Candidates with working knowledge in French are preferred
How to apply?
Applicants should apply on or before 16-December-2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.