ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Research Technician (six positions) under ICRISAT Development Center, Asia Program for Odisha Livelihood Mission Project at Odisha. The positions are based at different districts viz, Puri, Khurda, Raygarah, Gajapati, Koraput and Nabarangpur in Odisha state, India. The position reports to the Principal Investigator of the Project.
About the ICRISAT
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor.
ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Biological Sciences or any agricultural related degree
- Proficiency in English and Oriya (written and spoken)
- Person with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Conduct participatory field trials and demos with farmers in allocated districts of Odisha
- Collect and record high quality data sets required for scientific research
- Train the farmers’/farm facilitators and provide technical support, maintaining improved interventions at benchmark locations
- Collect information from farmers and undertake the crop cutting experiments to record yields and other benefits of demonstration plots
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams along with project partners
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities as entrusted by supervisor
How to apply?
Applicants should apply on or before 6 March 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interested one can apply via this page.