Google India (Bangalore) invites job applications from eligible candidates for the post of Research Program Manager. Interested candidates for the same can go through the details below.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
Google Research addresses the most challenging problems in Computer Science and related fields. Being bold and taking risks is essential to what we do, and allows our teams to make discoveries that affect billions of users every day. That’s why coordinating all those efforts becomes one of the key components to success.
As a Research Program Manager, you’ll execute programs such as the AI Residency, collaborate with University Relations and Partnerships and others to build local connections, and chart the course for how to engage with the AI and Computer Science community in India. You will also proactively manage the overall team/projects coordination, and travel to other office locations as a member of the Research Operations team.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in supporting the creation of a new organization/location/start-up.
- Experience coordinating projects within teams towards a shared output.
- Experience in research/academia.
- A drive to identify strategic opportunities, and ability to be comfortable explaining recommendations to executives as well as discussing technical details with engineers.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and presentation skills.
- Passion for machine learning, artificial intelligence or Computer Science.
- Support the team to move projects forward, and help the team innovate and achieve creative and technical excellence.
- Help establish new research teams and projects. Define, implement, and improve scalable and repeatable workflows for the teams.
- Deliver projects using a combination of existing process and individual initiative. Keep the team focused and productive.
- Participate in setting teams’ objectives and defining relevant metrics. Set, track and deliver on teams’ goals, and give regular status updates. Manage or escalate blocking issues.
- Leverage software tools, techniques, automation.