World Resource Institution (WRI) invites job applications for the post of Research Coordinator & Associate for the year 2020. Interested and eligible candidates can check out full details below.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in providing high-level management and/or quality assurance for both quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent in Urban Planning, Economics, Finance and Infrastructure
- Background in urban planning, urban economics or infrastructure finance
- Experience with working on large reports and research papers
- Experience in coordinating and managing external stakeholders
- Ability to comprehend, decode and cull-out essential information from varied data sources and generate crisp, insightful and relevant reports.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent statistical and excel-based analysis for projects and reports.
- Ability to develop recommendations and insights based on research findings and represent as graphs, reports and presentations, as needed.
- The ability to work with urgency.
- High level of attention to detail, quality and accuracy when recording data changes.
- Commitment to long-term development with flexibility to handle multiple tasks and tight timelines.
- Data Collation and information gathering on core projects, use specialized databases to support research and information needs.
- Conduct research and information gathering for requests with quick turnaround time.
- Managing several research projects simultaneously.
- Co-ordinate and research related support chapter authors with data.
- Proactively manage timelines, take lead in overcoming barriers to delivery
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Monitor study activities to ensure compliance with protocols and with all relevant local, government and state regulatory and institutional policies.
For application & details, click here.
- Appropriate Master’s degree in any energy, engineering or development related discipline
- At least five years of relevant experience in energy sector
- Demonstrable experience in energy/power sector modeling and computational skills
- Strong commitment to and understanding of the environmental and socio-economic development movement and sustainability issues
- Fluency in English and Hindi. Ability to converse in Tamil will be an added advantage
- Foreign nationals applying must have valid permits for work in India.
- Developing, building and maintaining energy sector models and databases to track the energy scenario initially in Tamil Nadu with the possibility of working across different regions in India
- Support the team with appropriate analysis of the TN energy sector using the models
- Support the team in conducting policy research and analysis of existing and emerging programs, policies and regulatory areas related to energy and electricity starting with Tamil Nadu and then to other states
- Lead specific modules in the project as identified by the Energy Lead
- Support in collating information and knowledge about major policy reform processes, consultations and measures on states’ energy and development sector policies, and identify opportunities for the team to provide inputs to the processes, consultations and measures.