Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune invites applications from young Doctorates/Post-Graduates/ Post Graduate Engineers for selection of Research Associates, Research Fellows at the Institute.
About the Institute:
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune is an autonomous research organization under Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi, fully devoted to cutting edge research in various aspects of weather and climate science.
1. Research Associates
10 Positions (SC- 1, ST – 1, OBC-4, EWS –2, UR -2)
- A Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geophysics with Meteorology as main subject/ Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ or equivalent subjects.
- Well acquainted in computer programming, Linux, etc. and having publications in peer-reviewed journals related to atmospheric/oceanic/climate sciences.
- Candidate should have minimum 60% aggregate mark in the Master’s degree.
- Desirable Qualifications: Demonstrated skill in weather and climate modeling/ observational techniques and data analysis etc.
- Age Limit: 35 years as on 30.04.2020;
1 year. Extendable by another two years depending on performance.
Rs. 47,000/-p.m. plus admissible HRA.
2. Research Fellows
20 Positions (SC-2, ST-4, OBC-4, EWS-5, UR – 5)
- Post Graduate degree with minimum 60% Marks in Physical Sciences/Chemical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship) /GATE at par with DST O.M. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019. OR
- M.Tech. with minimum 60% Marks in (Atmospheric/Oceanic Sciences or equivalent subject) with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/GATE/qualified OR
- Master degree with minimum 60% marks from any branch of Engineering along with CSIR-UGC NET (including lectureship)/GATE/ qualified.
- Candidates who have qualified CSIR-UGC-NET (including Lectureship) /GATE and appeared for the final year of M.Sc./M.S./M.Tech./M.E. can apply for the post and should write their aggregate marks up to the latest semester they have appeared.
- Candidates should have studied Physics or Mathematics at the Bachelor’s degree.
- Desirable: Demonstrated computer programming Linux, UNIX, Windows/Fortran/C, etc.
- Age Limit: 28 years as on 30.04.2020
Selected candidates are required to complete a Ph.D. in Atmospheric/ Oceanic Sciences under the guidance of research scientists of this Institute.
04 years. The candidate should register for Ph.D.
Rs.31,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA.
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates may apply here on or before the last date.
30 April 2020
- For other administrative queries, please contact vijaya[at]tropmet.res.in
- For problems related to form-filling, contact swati[at]tropmet.res.in