The National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), a constituent research laboratory of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) was established in 1961 with the mission to carry out research in multidisciplinary areas of the highly complex structure and processes of the Earth system and its extensively interlinked subsystems.
NGRI has the mandate to conduct research for public-good science to enable government agencies, public and private sector stakeholders to make informed decisions about use of geo-resources sustainably and improve preparedness and resilience to natural hazards.
As a close understanding of Earth processes and its intersections with the growth and development of the human society only can secure the future, it is our vision to develop the knowledge base of Earth system processes and apply it to produce strategies to minimize loss of life and property from natural disaster as well as manage water, energy, and mineral resources for enhancing the quality of life.
- Name of the Post: Research Associate, Project Asst Level II and Project Asst Level III
- Number of Vacancies: RA (1 post), PA Level II (9 Posts) and PA Level III (1 Post)
- RA: Ph.D. in Applied Geology/ Hydrology / Water Resources / Remote Sensing / Physics / Earth Sciences or equivalent.
- PA Level II: Masters in Applied Geology / Geophysics / Hydrology / Water Resources Engg. with not less than 55% of marks. OR
Masters in Geophysics /Applied Geophysics/ Marine Geophysics /Earth Science with not less than 55% of marks. OR
Masters in Physics with not less than 55% of marks. OR
Masters in Geology / Applied Geology with not less than 55% of marks.
- PA Level III: B.E. / B. Tech (CSE / IT) with not less than 55% of marks and Two years post qualification experience.
- Date & Time of Walk-in-Interview: 27/09/2019 (Friday) at 09.00 AM (Reporting Time: 08.30 AM). No candidate will be allowed to enter into the venue after 09:15 AM.
- Venue of Interview: CSIR-National Geophysical Research Institute, Uppal Road, Hyderabad–500007.